Education is one of the cornerstones of the Finnish welfare society. We pride ourselves on an educational system that offers equal opportunities of education for all, irrespective of matters of residency, sex, economic situation or linguistic and cultural background.
The Finnish Education system consists of the following:
- Early childhood education and care (ECEC) (voluntary)
- Pre-primary education (1 year, compulsory)
- Basic education (9 years, compulsory)
- Upper secondary education, vocational and/or general education (3-4 years)
- Higher education in universities and universities of applied sciences (UAS)